Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week 13

CRITIQUE:


This week I am working on one of the features for the VOX magazine careers issue. It is a psychological profile about people and the place they are currently at with their careers in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 60s. I wanted to utilize some kind of illustration that represented a path. Each person is in a completely different state of their life, so they're all on the same journey but at different places. This is what I came up with. The colors are somewhat retro, so I might play the ages up more with some typography changes.




RESPONSE:


IT IS DONE!!!!! Our commissioned prototype magazine Plaid Dad has finally been completed and is going to press at 9 a.m. tomorrow morning! I have spent the last month with my team and other designers working in the design lab until literally the sun rises. I hope all of our hard work, lots of energy and creativity receive a good response. Designing a magazine for males is a challenge in itself, but designing for males who are fathers and like to cook? That's a whole other level. I'm very happy with how far we have come from the original designs and I think we collectively pulled it all together and gave it our best effort! Next step, creating "iDad", a supplemental application for the iPad, and presenting it all in Des Moines. Woo! Here are two features I designed...





YOU CAN'T MISS...


This is so true



1 comment:

  1. This cracks me up. You are right, this is so true. Well, for many men. And color blindness doesn't help them out too much. Maybe they really see colors differently. How would we ever know? But, I love the way this graphic is laid out. It's pretty fantastic.

    ReplyDelete